Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lifestyle Crafts..part 2 of busy creating!

  I belong to a die of the month club at my local scrap store. Every month we get a new 2x2 die from Lifestyle Crafts. With that die we are to create an ATC card to be traded at our next meeting. The group of women that belong to this group are very creative. We like to think outside the box with these dies and create something completely different. Sometimes we'll use the die the way it is supposed to be used, other times we get creative. I do not take pictures every month of what I have made with the dies, really wish I did. I am learning and I am starting to take pics of what I have created with the die and a pic of the creation with the die case. The last 2 dies that I was given were of an umbrella and an owl. So, I put my thinking cap and tried to think outside of the box. What could I make with these two? First of all, the owl does not look like an owl! It looks like a pine cone, or baby chick, or almost a bit like a Furby. With the "owl" I thought long and hard. What did I finally come up with? A flower! Yup, I cut the owl out 3 times, ran my embossing tool around the middle and edges, then inked it up with my cats eye chalk ink. I used 3 different pinks. (hmm...maybe one of theses I will actually type this while still having the supplies around me!) I used the feet, beak and eyes as the center of my flower. I embossed my ATC card then covered it with my Gelatos (blue and green). After finding and attaching 3 leaves I adhered my flower to the ATC. Using pink chalk ink to match my flower I stamped the words "For Someone Special" and pop dotted it to the ATC. Here is how it came out:


 Now, the other die I was given was the umbrella. I mad the umbrella into a punch bowl and cup. I used the handle of the umbrella as the ladle. I used the clear portion of the packaging as the glass portion of the punch bowl. Sheer red ribbon makes up our punch. There is funky yellow and blue circle "wallpaper" as my background, a gold disco ball, some pennants as wall decor for the party, and a pleated tablecloth made out of ribbon. I also used a cupcake brad, with back posts removed, to be a cake for the "party".

No comments:

Post a Comment