Saturday, June 29, 2013

Been Busy Creating!

 Lots of pics coming up. I have been busy creating and decorating. Not too long ago I decided that I wanted to dress up the wall space above our mantel. Our walls are called High Drama - very nice red. I bought Bo Bunny's 12x12 pack of Enchanted paper. I had my husband cut out 9 12x12 pieces of plywood. I picked out 4 black pieces of paper and 5 pieces of white paper, then painted the sides of the boards (4 white, 5 black). I decoupaged the white papers on the black boards and black on white. My husband then laid a grid out on the wall so that all pictures would be even and properly spaced. My middle paper already had a saying on it so I highlighted some of the words with Red Stickles then outlined the border. I also added some flowers.With my Cricut I die cut the words LIVE, LAUGH,LOVE,FAMILY,FAITH & INSPIRE, then Stickled those in red also. All red words were adhered to the black papers. Here is how it came out:
With that done I decided to buy my daughter a water-bottle for her recital. To make sure it did not get confused with anyone else's bottles I busted out my Cricut and vinyl and personalized it for her. Using the Rock Princess digi cart I cut out the letters of her name at 2 inches in black and silver shadow. I also used blue and white gems along with my I-Rock to add some bling to the letters. Along with personalizing her bottle I also added her name to her mirror. I used the Type Candy digi cart that was free that week in the Cricut Craft Room. Again, with my I-Rock I added some bling. She loved it! I am now working on one for my niece and son. My niece has a purple bottle. I am using the Type Candy digi cart again with silver and pink vinyl. I also used my Cuttlebug and a 2x2 Lifestyle's Crafts die to make the flowers. She also has bling added to hers.

I can't wait to mail it off to her! Will most likely use the Robotz Cricut cart to make the bottle for my son. He has a blue water-bottle, I just need some red vinyl to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment